Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our dedication of Isaac to the Lord

Prayer for Isaac
God I thank you for this amazing gift you have blessed us with. I thank you for the beautiful picture of adoption that reminds us of our own adoption into your eternal family. I thank you Jesus for coming into this world and sacrificing everything that we may all have the opportunity to become sons and daughters of the King. Thank you for your unconditional love. I know how I feel about Isaac, that I love him so much that I would sacrifice anything and everything for him, that I love him enough to teach, correct, and discipline him, and that there is nothing he could ever do or say that would keep me from loving him. I also know that my capacity to love is nothing in comparison to yours Heavenly Father which gives me a glimpse of how much you love us. Thank you, Father God, for entrusting us with this beautiful baby boy.

I pray that you will guide Jill and me so that we will be the parents you desire us to be for Isaac. Father I ask that you will guide my leadership over Jill and Isaac. That I will always be governed by love, passion, and humility in everything I do and say. I pray that I will be a great example of you, God, especially in the way I show love to Jill so that Isaac will always know we are united.

Lord I pray that you will watch over and protect Isaac all the days of his life, that he will grow up healthy and strong. I pray that you would give him dreams and ambitions that he would know are from you and he would pursue them to the ends of the earth. I pray for his future family, if it is your will for him to have one. That you will lead him to a Godly woman who is his perfect companion in every way. I pray you keep her safe and protected from any plan of the enemy. I pray that Isaac would lead her well in all areas.

Lord most of all I pray that Isaac would be a passionate, fearless, and humble servant of yours and would always seek your will for his life. That all he says and does would be honoring to you and would reflect your glory. I thank you again for blessing us with this child of yours and we offer him back to you this day and trust you to guide us and him all the days of our lives. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading the prayer for Isaac and knowing that I heard it from your lips Brandon...as you were before the altar of our Lord and Savior, brings tears to my eyes once again! This also is the prayer for our grandson Isaac. All our love, Grandma Marla and Grandpa Larry Meyers