
Well, this has all happened so fast! B & I put an offer on our first home in December. It was a short sell and the chances of them accepting our offer considering that it was $20,000 less then what they were asking seemed like there was no way it was going to be accepted. Well, months went by and nothing was happening. Then on my birthday we got the call that they accepted our offer and we were going to be closing on the 15th of May. We couldn't believe it! I think I was more in shock then Brandon b/c reality was really setting in at that point. This meant that we were really staying in Denver. With the many moves that we have had over the years I guess I just got used to just being able to pick up and go wherever/whenever. Well, God has something else in store for us here. It really is an answer to prayer as Brandon is growing so much with Coach Daniels. As a wife, I couldn't ask for a better man to be a mentor to my husband. So, the best part of the house is that it is right next to the college and I am looking forward to having the team over a lot more. The house needed to be gutted so we are currently in what I would call a war zone, but oddly enough for me it has not bothered me at all & I am really enjoying this chaos. Funny how living on sub floors is really not that bad! What a joy it has been to watch my husband demo and fix things; life is good.
I also wanted to update you on what is going on with the adoption. We actually received our Immigration approval way faster than we were told we would. I couldn't believe it when it came in the mail (May 6th). Since we had already been told that we would be closing on the house on the 15th I knew that before we sent in our dossier we had to update and change some things that were going into our dossier due to us moving. We also needed our social worker to come and take a look at the new house so that she could update our information for our home study. We also needed to come up with $7,700.00 to send in with our dossier. We are currently applying for grants & loans, but since they take awhile we applied for a credit card so that we could get our dossier sent in and then hopefully be able to pay it off with any money that we can get in grants & loans. To be honest I have been anxious about the money now that our costs so far are at $14,000.00, but the Lord has blessed me with an amazing man who brings me back to God and His faithfulness and who truly is not worried about it at all. I enclosed a picture of the originals and 2 copies of everything before I shipped it to America World yesterday. They should have it by Thursday and then they ship it on to Ethiopia and then we are officially waiting our referral of our little guy!









1 comment:
Hi! Amazing what the internet can do.. I saw your blog on my friends site (Jen & Jon). Jill - i met you 1-2 times - I think we ran in a couple races in Des Moines together (I went to school w/ Brandon). Good luck with the house stuff - it is a process - we are doing the same thing here in New Orleans.
How long have you guys been in Denver? you can email me at darcilr at gmail.com. best of luck with the adoption too. :) god does have a great plan for you.. continue your faith & it will all work out and be well worth it in the end. ~darci
Post a Comment